The primary objective of this study is to determine the maximum tolerated dose, dose-limiting toxicities, safe starting dose, and pharmacodynamic effect of TANOVEA™ (Rabacfosadine for injection) in cats with lymphoma, lymphoid leukemia or multiple myeloma/plasma cell tumor.
A secondary objective of this study is to assess the efficacy and determine progression-free survival in treated cats.
Breed: No specification
Initial age: At least 1 year old on Day 0
Weight: No weight requirement
Sex: Male or female, intact or neutered
Origin: Client–owned cats
Diagnosis: Cats must have a diagnosis of low, intermediate or high grade, lymphocytic or lymphoblastic lymphoma, cytologically or histologically confirmed in any anatomic site.
Prior treatment: Prior surgery, radiotherapy, and/or chemotherapy are acceptable. There must be a two-week washout period between prior chemotherapy and Day 0 and a six-week washout period between radiotherapy and Day 0.
General health: Cats must be free of severe underlying disease (including underlying pulmonary pathology), be FeLV, and FIV negative, and have an expected survival of at least 6 weeks. Cats must have adequate organ function as indicated by standard laboratory tests: (hematology [CBC], clinical chemistry [CC] and urinalysis [UA]). Specifically, cats must have:
• Absolute neutrophil count > 1,500 cells/μL
• Hematocrit > 25%
• Platelet count > 100,000/μL
• Serum creatinine < 2.5 mg/dL
• Bilirubin ≤ the upper normal limit
• Transaminases ≤ 3 times the upper normal limit or if > 3 times the upper normal limit then serum bile acids must be ≤ the upper normal limit
• The animal must have a performance status of < 1 on Day 0, according to the modified ECOG Performance Scheme (Veterinary and Comparative Oncology, 2010).
• Cats that have received chemotherapy within 2 weeks of Day 0.
• Cats that have received non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) within 72 hours of Day 0. While on study, treatment with prednisone (1 mg/kg every other day) is acceptable.
• Cats that have received radiation therapy within 6 weeks of Day 0.
• Concurrent malignancy or other serious